Statement of Responsibilities
For making your research data available
When you make research data and/or metadata available via Research Data Finder, QUT expects that:
- You understand and confirm that QUT will make available the research data and/or metadata in its data repository, Research Data Finder.
- If the research data and/or metadata were created/collected by someone other than yourself, you have obtained all necessary permissions prior to making accessible the research data and/or metadata in the registry.
- You have provided contact details of the Chief Investigator or another with knowledge and authority to assist in answering any queries related to the use of the research data and/or metadata.
- You have taken all reasonable steps to ensure that all research data and/or metadata are accurate at the time of collection or creation (including references to other research parties, if any). Inaccuracies and omissions should be noted or corrected as soon as they are made known to you.
- You have kept original copies of all research data and/or metadata records.
- If your research data and/or metadata were sponsored or funded by an external organisation, please ensure that all rights of review or other obligations required by the external organisation have been fulfilled or complied with prior to making your research data and/or metadata accessible in the registry.
- You have only provided research data and/or metadata which are appropriate for public distribution to all ages. If you are aware of any material contained in your research data that is inappropriate for public distribution or may be culturally, politically or socially sensitive you should note this in your description of the data.
- You agree that the research data and/or metadata do not infringe the intellectual property of anyone else.
- If there is a cost associated with the preparation of the research data, details are listed in repository records.
- You understand that QUT will endeavour to make accessible the research data and/or metadata, including its access and use by third parties, pursuant to the licensing terms selected by you or an otherwise approved authority.