QUT Ecosounds: Acoustic biodiversity monitoring lab
Ecosounds is the home of the QUT acoustic biodiversity monitoring lab. Led by Professor Paul Roe, the lab investigates the use of acoustic sensing technology for monitoring the environment.
Key areas of research include:
- Automated and semi-automated acoustic data analysis method
- Novel applications of acoustic sensing to biodiversity monitoring
- Invasive species monitoring
- Rare and endangered species monitoring
- Navigation and visualisation of long duration acoustic recordings